Halifax Kendo Club
Here you’ll find information concerning Kendo. You will need Adobe Readertm for some of the articles. Adobe Readertm can be found here.
· Common Terms - a list of terms commonly used in kendo
· The Keiko manual - Guidelines for practicing kendo.
· Footwork - An article from "Kendo: The Definitive Guide" concerning footwork.
· Bokuto Ni Yoru Kendo Kihon Waza Keiko Ho - A guide to the beginner kata focusing on fundamental kendo techniques.
· Nihon Kendo Kata - Katas 1 to 3. Others will be added later.
· Beginner’s Guide - HKC’s new student manual.
Additional Kendo Information
· Videos - HKC’s collection of kendo videos. You will find all the old videos from the archive here and new ones will be added as time moves on.
· Pictures - Club pics, new and old.
· Concept and Purpose of Kendo - As established by the All Japan Kendo Federation in 1975
· Mindset of Teaching Kendo - An addendum to the concept and purpose of kendo.
· Insight - from Matthew Raymond Sensei
· Insight - from Henry Smalls
· Shu-Ha-Ri - Bruce Lee’s take on Shu-Ha-Ri
· Ki-Ken-Tai no Ichi - Article discussing a fundamental kendo principle
· San Satsu Ho - Three laws for defeating an opponent
· Article - regarding kendo and violence
· The Kendo Reader - An article discussing many of the more complex philosophies and ideas of kendo
· Pushing - An article regarding pushing and shoving in kendo
· Mindset - And article which talks about the proper mindset for practicing kendo
· Alternative Kamae - Information on various stances in kendo